Gaaah! Froth! Argh!
At the beginning of every month, we have a chance to read Hubble Smith’s latest article based on the completely misleading, erroneous GLVAR inventory numbers.
A trained monkey could prove the GLVAR wrong.
Let’s play Trained Monkey.
1) Trained Monkey go to GLVAR website (las.mlxchange.com)
2) Trained Monkey do search on available SFR inventory. To do that, Trained Monkey click on “Reports”, and then “Statistical Reports” and then type in “SFR” and then ER and EA because they’re the only classifications that show available inventory.
3) Trained Monkey see “16,978” show up on screen.
4) Trained Monkey look at chart printed in this morning’s LVRJ:
5) Trained Monkey scratch head, conclude that GLVAR wants to make things look as bad as possible, and goes off to eat a banana.
I challenge the GLVAR executive management to come up with any plausible justification for them to cripple the efforts of their own dues-paying membership by overstating inventory by nearly 50%. The answer “because we’ve always done it that way” is not sufficient. The answer “some of the units in contract will fall out of contract” is ridiculous. I’m really pissed this morning. The only thing worse than one-time stupidity is repetitive, month-after-grinding-month stupidity. The LVRJ should be chastised for not mentioning this major fault in this data. I have briefed Hubble Smith on this and am very disappointed that he does not mention this nearly 50% overstatement.
If you are an agent with access to the MLS, do the Trained Monkey dance above, then send a letter to Patty Kelly asking her why she is making your life harder.
While you’re at it, send a letter to Hubble Smith that reads: “Dear Hubble, you are getting bogus data from the GLVAR because they include more than 7000 in-contract units as “available” inventory. This makes the inventory position look tremendously worse than it is. You should be reporting on the REAL inventory.” You can send that message to Hubble by clicking here:
For those of you interested in the REAL inventory numbers in Las Vegas, this is what they look like: